There are many causes of vomiting. Food poisoning, motion sickness, emotional stress and early pregnancy are common culprits.
But vomiting can also be a sign of a much more serious ailment including brain injury, meningitis and appendicitis.
It’s important to always beware of the dehydration that can accompany vomiting. When recovering, avoid solid food until the vomiting has passed. Gradually drink water and clear liquids.
A rehydrating drink that replenishes electrolytes is recommended. A UronlineGP doctor will be able to get to the bottom of what has caused your vomiting and help you feel better.
1. A UrOnlineGP video visit gives you the full attention of an APHRA registered doctor.
2. You will receive a physical examination that is customized and focused to your specific complaint.
3. Your doctor will guide you through looking, listening and feeling to complete a thorough assessment.
4. If a prescription is issued by UrOnlineGP doctor, you will have it available at your preferred local pharmacy immediately after the video consultation.
5. If you have a thermometer, blood pressure cuff, heart rate monitor or have any medical applications on your mobile device please have them ready. This information will help the doctor make a diagnosis and treat your condition safely and effectively.